Tuesday, February 26, 2008

animations...animations...animations

The following animations is an attempt to describe the spatial conditions in the model. The first set of animations, explores the model in a linear organization mode. I feel that the fragmented dance moves should be reconstructed and then explored in the similar linear method. The next set of animations attempts to move through the same spatial condition in a different way, moving in from below and out from above, through, reverse...etc


This model is without global illumination turned on.




This model has a 2 bounce global illumination setting.




This model is without global illumination turned on.



global illumination turned on, no bounces



lights from below global illumination turned off



white background, global illumination turned off


3 comments:

L!N said...

Too bad I can't see all these videos on the screen at the same time without opening several different browser windows. Perhaps there's a method of re-composing and re-organization?

Joe K. said...

Reiterating what was said in class, I believe this range of first attempts was quite successful. I think you are using animation truly as a design process rather then just a means of representation. As I look at these many different ways you explore your construct, I start to wonder how you could use them as a whole rather then each of them separately. Possibly thinking of ways to splice or overlay them together, to try and add another layer of complexity. Again using the animation as a process.

Peter Leung said...

I like the animations that you have too. Thinking about the framing exercise, the vertical frame is worth trying. I tried to put two piece of white paper in front of my screen as I play your video, the effect is quite interest.